COUNTRY GARDEN PAID $69.88M FOR 364 HECTARE SITE SET TO BENEFIT FROM NEW M9 CORRIDOR BEFORE ESTABLISHED PROPERTY OWNERS WERE TOLD!

IS this a coincidence, or a case of “privileged information”?  With Country Garden ties to former disgraced MP Maguire …

Following the purchase, Country Garden made an application to the Greater Sydney Commission to build an M9 interchange

The December 15 application was made over three months before the proposed M9 route was made public, The Daily Telegraph reported.

High immigration and Visa manipulation particularly from China and Hong Kong it appears will continue to provide the client base for the high density housing

“Chinese developers pay $69.88 MILLION for a huge chunk of land from grandmother, 90, on Sydney outskirts that’s set to be used for a new freeway – before hundreds of smaller property owners were even told”

• Country Garden, listed in Hong Kong, paid Beryl Rofe and family $69.88million
• The Chinese property developer bought land to benefit from new M9 corridor
• The sale was made before homeowners were aware of the part of the new road
• Another family were told by letterbox drop that their home would be demolished
• Country Garden lobbied for an M9 interchange months before route announced

By SAM DUNCAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 5 June 2018

A Chinese property giant paid almost $70 million for land on the new M9 orbital corridor three months before the route was publicly announced.
Country Garden forked out $69.88 million to acquire six chunks of land belonging to 90-year-old Beryl Rofe and her family late last year.
The Hong Kong-listed company then made an application to the Greater Sydney Commission to build an M9 interchange on its 364 hectare site.

Country Garden forked out $69.88 million to acquire six chunks of land belonging to 90-year-old Beryl Rofe and her family last year (pictured is land on the proposed road path)

A Chinese property giant has paid almost $70 million for land on the new M9 orbital corridor, months before the route was announced (pictured are Matt and Aleena Wise, whose home is set to be demolished)

The December 15 application was made over three months before the proposed M9 route was made public, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The 200m-wide M9 Orbital Outer Sydney Orbital corridor will link growth areas in the south-west and north-west of the city with a motorway and freight rail line.
RELATED ARTICLES

• Pains, trains and automobiles: Company building Westconnex… Spanish company behind disastrous Sydney light rail is being…

After the proposed road path was unveiled, hundreds of rural homeowners were suddenly told they would lose their properties.

The Wise family said they were informed by letterbox drop that their 32 hectare dream home – bought in 2015 for $4.05 million – fell within the corridor and would be demolished.

The 200metre-wide M9 Orbital Outer Sydney Orbital corridor is slated to link growth areas in the south-west and north-west of the city (pictured)

The 200 metre-wide M9 Orbital Outer Sydney Orbital corridor is slated to link growth areas in the south-west and north-west of the city (pictured)

‘The current alignment of the M9 Orbital is anticipated to pass through the northeast corner of the site, with potential for an interchange at Remembrance Drive,’ Country Garden’s application stated (pictured is the proposed corridor at Cawdor)
Suburbs surrounding the new Badgerys Creek airport are soaring

‘We were absolutely gutted when we found out,’ Mrs Wise told Daily Mail Australia.

‘We found out from a leaflet put in our letterbox, and by watching the six o’clock news, there has been no communication from Transport NSW.

‘Words can’t describe the impact this has had on us, to work hard to find a place and then to be faced with losing it all, and not knowing when it will happen.’

The Wise family have been told they will have no recourse if the government uses mandatory acquisition to take their land.

Nor have they been informed about compensation – Mrs Wise said they have no been told when the land would be acquired, or how much they will be compensated.

‘We spent seven years looking for this place, where we live with our in-laws and my husband runs his trucking business, now we stand to lose everything we’ve worked for,’ she said.

Country Garden asked the Greater Sydney Commission in December to recognise their new site under the Regional and District Plan (stock image)

Ms Rofe did not comment on the sale of her land at Cawdor, south-west of Sydney, and a tenant of hers, 92-year-old Judy Geelan was unaware of the purchase price.

Country Garden asked the Greater Sydney Commission in December to recognise their new site under the Regional and District Plan.

The lobby effort is related to the plan’s provisions for high density housing built to satisfy demand created by population increases.

‘The current alignment of the M9 Orbital is anticipated to pass through the northeast corner of the site, with potential for an interchange at Remembrance Drive,’ Country Garden’s application stated.

Consultation on the M9 Outer Sydney Orbital corridor ended on June 1.
Daily Mail Australia contacted Country Garden for comment.

After the proposed road path was unveiled, hundreds of rural homeowners were suddenly told they would lose their properties (pictured is the Prime Minister, left, at a Transport NSW road upgrade event)

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5805827/Chinese-developer-pays-90-year-old-woman-70million-land-sitting-new-M9-corridor.html

CAAN FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/Community-Action-Alliance-for-NSW-744190798994541/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

WEBSITE:

https://caanhousinginequalitywithaussieslockedout.wordpress.com/